Intro to probiotics benefits
Records Management is the systematic control of all records using their company creation or receipt, through their processing, distribution, financial institution, storage and retrieval to their ultimate disposition. Because details is such an important resource to organization, the records supervision function also includes information management. Therefore , records management can be known as Records and Information Management or RIM (Magnus, 2006).
Records management may also be used to define as the way genuine records (correspondence files, information) are organized in such a way that there is a meaning, and can be used continuously by the users such as operators, records professionals, educational institutions,
Importance of Records Management in Government departments
Establishing a records management programme, in government agencies for instance , the Meteorological Department may result in both immediate and continuous importance to the department. Below are stated some of the importance of informations management in the government agencies, civil service, companies and enterprises as a whole:
• Records management reduces lost or misplaced records. Because of the human element is always with us, even the best system across the world will occasionally have misplaced records. But properly fashioned document management systems can gradually reduce misfiles. Most often misfiled records can cost the clerical staff a huge wastage of their time in searching for records;
• Records management act as research in the time of dispute. It is important for the settlement with dispute because it can be shown as proof in trial;
• It helps in evaluating progress of organization. At the same time in the preservation of history of the organization. The past records shows direction to organization. It helps in finding out the deficiencies and strength of organization. Records management gives the bill of progress and direction in which organization is allowing on;
• Records management is the memory of enterprise. It is useful for future decision making process. The study of history records shows direction for future. It supplies data to organization whenever it is needed therefore , it helps around taking decision;
• Records management helps to evaluate organization progress and performance. It helps in comparison between one period of time and also another or between sometime of businesses;
operations helps in management and control of important records. It helps to
patrol necessary records with care and disposes useless records;
• To minimize litigation risks. Organization implement records management programmes in order to reduce the risks associated with litigation and potential outcomes. This can be equally true in government agencies. A consistency placed records management programme can reduce the liabilities associated with post disposal by providing for their systematic, routine disposal in a ordinary course of business;
• It increases accountability. A data management will put in place a system for tracking actions on each of your record, therefore increasing accountability and providing access stories; and
• To improve working environment. Implementing records management course improves the working environment through the organization of records along with storage offsite. Organized working environment can then improve the perception of your business by clients and potential employees. New workforce are also easily trained to manage the company’s records when any records management programme is in place (Jackson, 2008).